The five main businesses of our company are:
Holding classes on Noh plays for the public
We offer school for Noh lessons and practice upon request with:
- Lesson and practice of Utai (Noh chanting) and shimai (Noh dance)
Required to bring three articles: A pair of tabi (Japanese sox), ougi (a folding fan) and utai-hon (an utai libretto)
- Classes of 50 minutes offered twice a month.
（Services available also in business offices.）
- For the venue and details, please contact Shinka Co., Ltd.
Offering workshops for traditional performing arts
We organize workshops for Japan’s traditional performing arts by:
- Presenting hands-on lectures on traditional performing arts at primary schools and junior high schools.
- Presenting hands-on workshops to foreign audiences before the show.
- Offering special lectures for business executives and senior citizens.
Planning and staging of public performances of Noh plays
We organize the production and operation for public performances of Noh plays by:
- Illuminating the charms of Noh in an accessible way for beginners and by providing a preparatory commentary and a participatory workshop.
- Offering a guide in English for the audiences from overseas.
- Planning collaborations with other traditional performing arts in drama and music from overseas.
- Arranging a social meeting with Noh performers after the show.
Supporting the offering of lessons and recitals
We support and help organize recitals for those who take Noh lessons by:
- Creating a program (design, proofreading, printing, delivery)
- Creating the invitation card, mailing to guests.
- Assisting at the theater (administration of backstage, reception, proceedings of performance and etc.).
- Creating the Mekuri, a type of book program displaying the title and name of performers on a signboard placed by the side of the stage.
Marketing and sale of goods related to Noh plays
We plan, produce and sell goods:
- Such as T shirts, clear files and masking tape designed with Noh elements.
- Tools and utensils necessary for Noh lessons and training.